Frequently Asked Questions
We have listed below the most popular questions raised by customers and the corresponding answers. If you are unable to find the answer to your query below, please contact our team via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0800 085 0874.
Though recently changed hands, UK Self Store Ltd (previously American EZ Self Storage) has been around for years and is well-known to people in Widnes and surrounding areas as being a safe secure and competitive place to store their personal belongings, business storage and caravan storage. Though we are a self-store facility, our friendly team are always on hand to assist customer’s needs from helping lift awkward items to accepting deliveries on customers behalf, using the on-site forklift truck and answering queries.
We are open 7 days a week at the following times:
Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm
Saturday 8.00am – 4.30pm
Sunday 10.00am – 3.30pm
We offer the following services to customers:
- Business Storage for customers who would like to securely store records or other business equipment off their premises
- Tradesman Storage for clients who may operate from their van/home and need space to store larger equipment and receive parts deliveries
- Domestic Storage for homeowners who are moving house or just need some extra room at home
- Student Storage for during the holidays or after students finish university
- Caravan Yard Storage for customers who are unable to store their caravans at their homes
- Delivery acceptance service for customers who would like to have parts/equipment/general purchases delivered and signed for during the working day
- Mail boxes for rent for domestic or business customers who require their mail to be sent to a secure location
- Short-Term Building Rental with immediate availability
- Boxes and Moving Supplies available for purchase
1) Choose your storage unit/vehicle storage space – We have units from 25 to 500sq ft to choose from & plenty of parking spaces
2) Sign the paperwork and arrange payment terms with our friendly staff
3) Bring your goods – Our large yard can accommodate cars & vans up to large haulage vehicles and the building can be accessed through two roller shutters or via other access doors. Lifting equipment & trolley are available free of charge
4) Secure your unit/vehicle – After filling your unit, secure the door with a padlock provided, if storing a vehicle make sure it is locked, add an anti-theft device as an added precaution if you wish
5) Come and go as you please – We are open 7 days a week 8.30am – 5.30pm Mon-Fri, 9.30am – 4.30pm Saturday and 11am – 2pm Sunday
All of the above can be done on the same day, it’s as easy as that!
The size of storage unit needed depends upon the individual or business and the types of items to be stored however, the following is an estimate* of the storage unit size you may require:
|1 bedroom house/flat||50-65 square feet|
|2 bedroom house/flat||70-80 square feet|
|3 bedroom house/flat||85-125 square feet|
|4 bedroom house/flat||150-200 square feet|
On average, the contents of a Transit van will be equivalent to around50 square feet*, and the contents of a Luton van will be equivalent to 75 square feet*.
Should you have any questions regarding the storage unit size you may need, please feel free to contact our team who will be more than happy to assist you.
* general guidelines only